Symbols and Soul -- Art as Archetypal Exploration.
$50 deposit holds your spot, remainder due at first session, or payment plans available.
No refunds are given for missed classes in a series, however, at least one makeup session is offered per series.
In this 8 week session of Soul Lab we will explore the symbols of our Soul through "image tending". While Intuitive Painting and Art Journaling will become our core companions other modalities included will be:
- sandplay kick start session
- dream tending as support for intuitive art
- integrative mindfulness practices as basis for creative living
- collage and art journaling as self-care
- automatic writing methods for personal growth.
Discover powerful symbols that wish to be expressed and learn how to illuminate their meaning while still preserving the depth and mystery of the creative process and your personal imagery.
While this is not an advanced art making group it can perhaps be considered an advanced self exploration group. No previous art making experience is expected or required however it will be assumed that each participant is curious about their psyche and inner life and willing to enter into dialog and inquiry with various aspects of their Soul that present themselves through the spontaneous imagery created or found through watching our dreams, painting, writing and art-journaling.
Attendance at first class, January 19th is required. This is an 8 week session not a "drop" in group, however there will be one make-up session provided for missed classes.
Fee for the 8 weeks includes:
- An art journal of your choosing to be your companion for these 8 weeks
- All in-class art supplies
- Photo print outs of your ongoing work
- Weekly handouts with creative sparks and and informative articles
- Participation in a private fb group for those in the class with a midweek prompt to encourage the "image tending" process throughout each week.
Group size is limited to 10