Advanced Soul Lab Series: Art Making as Spiritual Practice
What is it?
This advanced* weekly group creates an ongoing safe container to explore art as a Soul-full, meaning-creating force in our lives. In Soul Lab we go beyond "product and perfection" into the land of self discovery and self-actualization. Soul Lab is a place where you can learn to listen to your inner voice, and the voice of the imagery you create, while sharing with and supporting each other on the inward journey of creativity.
*you should have taken at least one other class, workshop or series at Juicy Creatives studio before enrolling.
What will we do?
Each session will begin with a meditation designed to sweep the doorway of the senses clean, ground and center your body and mind and tune your spiritual awareness to the still small voice of imagination and intuition.
During the art making time you are welcome to pursue any of the modalities in the studio
- Intuition Painting
- Sand Tray Play
- Art Journaling
- Your own project or process using Juicy Creatives materials
Elise will be available as space holder, coach and mischief maker to help you navigate through the landscape of your process and materials. The suggestion is to use the 6 week session as an experimental alchemical cauldron -- using the time as an immersion in an expressive arts modality for self awareness, healing and growth.
- You will be encouraged to use a journal as companion to this process and bring it to every session. We will be setting intentions, experimenting with reflective writing and recording moods, insights, fancies, dilemmas and delights.
- You will be encouraged to write "morning pages" or "Lynda Barry 5 minute diary pages" in your journal as many days as possible each week in your own time during the course of the 6 weeks (subject to reality!).
When is it?
Friday mornings 10:00am-1:00pm (we will start on time and end on time).
How much does it cost?
The suggested donation is $40 per session, or buy all 6 sessions of the Oct/November series for $195 ($32.50 per session) -- choose your option in the drop down menu on the shopping cart above.
What is the format?
9:45-10:00am Arrive, chat, settle in
10:00-10:30am Centering, sharing, setting an intention
12:15-12:30 Clean up
12:30-1:00 Closing meditation and sharing
What to bring?
- Blank (unlined) journal for notes and experiments.
- You are welcome to bring snacks and drinks.
- Wear comfortable clothes you don't mind getting art on!
- All materials of the studio will be available to you but also feel free to bring any personal supplies you may need.