Let your creative spirit soar painting with wild abandon to the scintillating drum beats of Michael Moses.
Using our own bodies as the tracing templates we will "strike-a-pose" and trace our shadows onto the waiting blank sheets of paper. This outline gives you a compelling place to start your creative journey. As the music fills the air you will fill your figure with shapes colors, words, doodles and oodles of paint. Even if you have NEVER lifted a paint brush before you will find yourself swept into the momentum of free creative expression.
This is a drug and alcohol free art event for men and women 17 years and up -- no previous art experience is expected or required!
(Coming soon a family "prismatic painting jam" that will include the little ones!)
Come gather, paint and create! Meet new people and share in the exhilarating energy of creating in a group.
The live drumming for this event will be offered by Grammy nominee, Michael Moses! YAY!! (http://www.musicartdesign.com/index.html)
Michael is one of our local musical treasures who has offered ritual and ceremonial drumming for decades. Credits include: Music for the Dalai Lama's 1989 Nobel Peace Prize, 12 CDs recorded with Peter Kater, Trance Dance facilitation for Sting, 8 yrs collaboration with Master Drummer Baba Olatunji. Ritual support for Shamanic Healers: Gabrielle Roth, Alberto Villoldo, Geo Cameron, Matthew Fox.
Come and start where you are with:
- All the paint colors imaginable,
- large body-length sheets of paper,
- Live drumming to carry the creative energy along
- A free space with no judgment, comparison, or critiques allowed
- A creative ally - facilitator Elise Crohn - to help you through any stuck places
What you have to do:
- Wear comfortable clothes that you don't mind getting paint on.
- Bring a snack and/or beverage (no alcohol please!).
- Come with your heart and soul yearning to let loose.
Please R.S.V.P. to reserve your spot!